Collections Information - Ferratum.co.uk
We understand that sometimes our customers will fall into financial difficulties. That is why we have a Team of Collections Advisors on hand to help you if you are struggling to pay. Please be mindful of the fact that paying later than the agreed due date will increase the amount you pay back. However, interest is capped so you won't ever pay more than double the amount of the original loan.
You can download an income and expenditure form by clicking here. It makes easy for us to put together an affordable payment plan in order for you to repay your debt.
If you are experiencing financial difficulties you may prefer to speak to a third party. There are advisory organisations who can help you. You do not have to pay for help and advice.
Ferratum recommends the following websites:
- What happens if I fail to make my payment on the due date?
There will be a £15 failed payment fee added to MicroLoan accounts, interest will continue to be charged, and capped at double the amount of the original loan.
- Will Ferratum freeze my interest if I can’t afford my payment?
No, interest will continue to be added and capped so you will never repay more than double the amount of the original loan.
- Can I set up a repayment plan?
Yes, of course, you can do this by speaking to us. Our opening hours are 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday. You can contact us by:
Phone 0151 601 8611
Live Chat if an Advisor is available then you will be invited to chat or leave a message on this page.
- Do Ferratum report to a credit reference agency regarding my late payment?
Yes, we report in real-time to CallCredit. Not paying on time may affect your credit rating.
- If I pay late does it mean that Ferratum will not lend to me again?
Ferratum appreciates that sometimes life gets in the way of making the payment on time. Paying late does not mean you will be barred from applying again but we do encourage you to pay within 70 days of the due date where ever it is possible.
- Can I change my due date before it falls in to arrears?
On the day we set the loan up we send a text message asking if we have got the date right and giving you the opportunity to change it. We also send a similar message 3 days before the due date. Basically we can change the date twice for you if we are given sufficient notice. Interest continues in all cases.
- Do you pass or sell my details to a 3rd party if I can’t pay my loan?
Yes we do enlist the help of outside agencies to collect late payments if we have been unsuccessful in making a payment arrangement with you.
- If you are behind with payments and have received an arrears notice here is some important information provided by The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) to help you